8 Week MBSR Mindfulness Course in Spanish
Mindfulness Courses in Spanish (Click here for our Mindfulness Courses in English)
Learn a variety of mindfulness techniques for reducing stress, being more deeply present, and cultivating greater peace of mind. The course is suitable for beginners and no previous experience is required.
The teachers at Mindfulness Madrid have trained as mindfulness teachers with the Center for Mindfulness of the University of Massachusetts and have years of experience teaching and practicing mindfulness.
Hundreds of thousands of people around the world have completed 8 week mindfulness courses – they are taught in companies such as Google and Apple, in universities, in psychology, and even in professional sports.
Benefits reported by past participants:
- Reduced Stress
- Greater peace of mind and well-being
- Improved concentration
- Better sleep
- Reduced anxiety
- Improvements in relationships (when we have less stress and are more present, that can affect how we interact with others)
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way – in the present moment, on purpose, and non-judgmentally.
Have you ever had the experience of driving home from work and when you arrive home realizing that you don’t remember the journey? Or after leaving your house trying to remember if you locked the door or not? One thing that experiences like this point to is that it can be easy to go through much of our day on a kind of automatic pilot and not be very aware in the present moment.
Mindfulness is a way of stepping out of this automatic pilot and training our minds to be more present. By training our minds in this way we can live our lives more fully, with greater peace, and deepen our resources for working with challenges in life.
What does the 8 Week Mindfulness Course Involve?
The 8-week mindfulness course, called Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), was first taught in the United States at the University of Massachusetts by Jon Kabat Zinn. From there it spread out all over the world and today hundreds of thousands of people around the world have attended 8 week MBSR courses.
The course consists of:
- A class once a week for 8 weeks. Classes are 2.5 hours.
- On the weekend between classes 6 and 7 there is an extended mindfulness practice session from 10h to 18h.
- Follow-up session approximately a month after the course ended to help you continue with your practice
- Participants receive recordings of guided mindfulness meditations they can use at home
- At the end of the course you receive a Certificate of completion
If you would like to start your own mindfulness meditation practice, this course is a great way to do that – participants receive guided meditations they can use at home, in the weekly class you can ask questions and you have the support of other people starting at the same time as you. The course is suitable for beginners and no previous mindfulness or meditation experience is required.
Studies on the 8 week Mindfulness Course
Thousands of studies have been done on the 8 week course (MBSR) at Harvard, Oxford and other universities. Studies show that most people who complete an 8 week mindfulness course report less stress and greater well being.Harvard Neuroscientist: Mindfulness not only reduces stress, here’s how it changes your brain
What past course participants have said
“The benefits of mindfulness meditation were obvious in coping with my stress and anxiety level”
“I came into the introductory class quite skeptical that I would be able to still my mind, but at the same time hopeful. I found the teacher’s skillful guidance, attitude and presence to be calming and very helpful throughout the course, and I noticed with regular practice that I did increase my resilience and inner peace in general. After the course I still note the cumulative effect and would wholeheartedly recommend the practice of mindfulness meditation.”
Darran Kilbride has trained in world recognized mindfulness meditation centers in the United States, Europe and Asia and has trained as a mindfulness teacher with the University of Massachusetts, the center where modern mindfulness courses first began.
Over the past 10 years Darran spent almost 2 years on intensive meditation retreats, training with buddhist monks and nuns, zen masters and lay teachers from all over the world. He also has a postgraduate qualification in Mindfulness from the Center for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University in the UK, one of the world’s leading centers for mindfulness.
Darran teaches Mindfulness at IE University and teaches on the Mindfulness teacher training program of Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. He’s been teaching mindfulness since 2011.
Course starting Thursday, February 27th at 19.00 – in Spanish
- 8 Thursdays from 19.00 to 21.30
- Class dates are: February 27, March 5, 12, 19, 26, April 2, 16 and 23
- Location: Calle Aviador Zorita, 7. Metros Nuevos Ministerios and Cuatro Caminos.
- Extended session on Saturday, April 18th, from 11am to 6pm in a room out in nature in Cercedilla.
- Teacher: Darran Kilbride
- This course is taught in Spanish
- 28 hours of class time
- 8 weeks of classes plus extended mindfulness practice session
- Audio recordings of guided mindfulness meditations
- Certificate of completion of the course
- Studies show that most participants who do the course experience reduced stress and increased well-being
“I feel very happy to have had the opportunity to attend the classes. They’ve already had a positive impact on my everyday life.”
“The class was peaceful and inspiring. I’m looking forward to the next one.”