Eight Week Mindfulness Course in English: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Learn and deepen a variety of mindfulness techniques for reducing stress, being more deeply present, and cultivating greater peace of mind.
This is the original 8 week mindfulness course from the University of Massachusetts that has been attended by hundreds of thousands of people around the world. The course is suitable for beginners – no previous mindfulness experience is required.
Studies at Harvard and other leading universities show that this 8-week course reduces stress and increases levels of well-being.
The teacher, Darran Kilbride, has trained in world-recognized mindfulness meditation centers in the United States and Asia and has trained as a mindfulness teacher with the University of Massachusetts. He was one of the first people to teach Mindfulness in Madrid.
Benefits Reported by Past Participants
• Reduced Stress
• Greater peace of mind and well-being
• Improved concentration
• Better sleep
• Reduced anxiety
• Improvements in relationships (when we have less stress and are more present, that can affect how we interact with others)
8-week MBSR Course in English
Mondays, 7pm till 9:30pm
starts on February 18th
- 8 Mondays, from 7pm till 9:30pm
- Class dates: February 18, 25, March 4, 11, 18, 25, April 1 and 8
- Sala Mindfulness, Calle Doctor Castelo 10. Metros Ibiza and Principe de Vergara.
- Extended session on Saturday, March 30th, 11am to 6pm – held in a center in nature in Cercedilla.
- Teacher: Darran Kilbride
- 28 hours of class time
- Price: €297
A short overview of the course by the teacher, Darran Kilbride
The course consists of:
- A class once a week for 8 weeks. Classes are 2.5 hours.
- On the weekend between classes 6 and 7 there is an extended mindfulness practice session from 11h to 18h. This is held in a room in a beautiful natural setting in Cercedilla (accessible by public transport).
- Participants receive recordings of guided mindfulness meditations they can use at home.
- You receive a certificate of completion of the course
What past participants of this course have said
“The benefits of mindfulness meditation were obvious in coping with my stress and anxiety level”
“I came into the introductory class quite skeptical that I would be able to still my mind, but at the same time hopeful. I found Darran’s skillful guidance, attitude and presence to be calming and very helpful throughout the course, and I noticed with regular practice that I did increase my resilience and inner peace in general. After the course I still note the cumulative effect and would wholeheartedly recommend the practice of mindfulness meditation.”
“The class was peaceful and inspiring”
Studies on the 8 week Mindfulness Course
Thousands of studies have been done on the 8 week course at Harvard, Oxford and other leading universities. Studies show that most people who complete an 8 week mindfulness course report less stress and greater well being.Harvard Neuroscientist: Mindfulness not only reduces stress, here’s how it changes your brain
Teacher of the Eight Week Mindfulness Course – Darran Kilbride
Darran has trained in world recognized mindfulness meditation centers in the United States, Europe and Asia and has trained as a mindfulness teacher with the University of Massachusetts, the center where modern mindfulness courses first began.
Over the past 10 years Darran spent almost 2 years on intensive meditation retreats, training with buddhist monks and nuns, zen masters and lay teachers from all over the world. He also has a postgraduate qualification in Mindfulness from the Center for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University in the UK, one of the world’s leading centers for mindfulness.
Darran teaches Mindfulness at IE University and teaches on the Mindfulness teacher training program of Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. He’s been teaching mindfulness since 2011.
Some more about the course…
The 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR), was first taught in the United States at the University of Massachusetts by Jon Kabat-Zinn. From there it spread out all over the world and today hundreds of thousands of people have attended and benefited from it. The teacher, Darran Kilbride, has trained directly with the University of Massachusetts to teach this course.
If you would like to start your own mindfulness meditation practice, this course is a great way to do that – participants receive guided meditations they can use at home, in the weekly class you can ask questions and you have the support of other people starting at the same time as you. The course is suitable for beginners and no previous mindfulness or meditation experience is required.
Topics covered include:
- How to develop greater mindfulness and concentration
- Mindfulness for stress, anxiety, and other difficult emotions.
- Mindfulness in interpersonal communication
- Bringing mindfulness into your daily life – how to be more present and aware in your daily life.
- Developing greater awareness of thoughts and thought patterns, so that in time they have less control over us.
- Developing greater body awareness – this helps us to be more in the present moment and is a foundation for working mindfully with emotions.
- How to start you own mindfulness meditation practice (we give you recordings of guided mindfulness meditations you can do at home).
- Cultivating deeper levels of peace and well-being.
Hundreds of studies at Harvard and other leading universities show that this 8-week course reduces stress and increases levels of well-being.
Course starting Monday, February 18th at 19.00
- 8 Mondays from 19.00 to 21.30
- Class dates are: February 18, 25, March 4, 11, 18, 25, April 1 and 8
- Location: Sala Mindfulness, Calle Doctor Castelo 10. Metros Ibiza and Principe de Vergara.
- Extended session Saturday, March 30th, 11am to 6pm – held in a center out in nature in Cercedilla.
- Teacher: Darran Kilbride
- This course is taught in English
Center in the mountains where the extended Saturday session takes place
- 28 hours of class time
- A class each week for 8 weeks
- “Day of mindfulness” extended session on a weekend in a center in nature in Cercedilla.
- Audio recordings of guided mindfulness meditations
- Certificate of completion of the course
- Studies at Harvard University show that this course reduces stress and increases well-being
“I feel very happy to have had the opportunity to attend the classes. They’ve already had a positive impact on my everyday life.”