Deepening Mindfulness Course
For those who have done the initial 8-week mindfulness course or have a similar level of experience
- 6 week course in English
- Starts Wednesday May 20th 2020 at 19:30. Metros Principe de Vergara, Ibiza and Goya.
- Extended mindfulness meditation practice session on a weekend in nature in Cercedilla.
This course will build on top of the 8 week Mindfulness course, and is suitable for those who have done that course or have a similar level of experience.
The course will draw more explicitly on the Eastern meditation traditions that mindfulness comes from. Like Jon Kabat-Zinn, I see these traditions as a science of the mind, with practical tools to reduce stress and suffering, and to cultivate greater peace, concentration and well-being in our lives.
The teacher, Darran Kilbride, has trained in world-recognized meditation centers in the United States and Asia, and has trained as a mindfulness teacher with the University of Massachusetts.
Benefits of mindfulness meditation
o Reduced Stress
o Greater peace of mind and well-being
o Improved ability to concentrate
o Better sleep
o Reduced anxiety
o Understanding ourselves more deeply
o Improvements in relationships (when we have less stress and are more present, that affects how we interact with others)
What past participants of our courses have said
“The benefits of mindfulness meditation were obvious in coping with my stress and anxiety level”
“I came into the introductory class quite skeptical that I would be able to still my mind, but at the same time hopeful. I found Darran’s skillful guidance, attitude and presence to be calming and very helpful throughout the course, and I noticed with regular practice that I did increase my resilience and inner peace in general. After the course I still note the cumulative effect and would wholeheartedly recommend the practice of mindfulness meditation.”
“The class was peaceful and inspiring”
The course includes…
Each class will include new practices and theory that weren’t covered in the initial 8-week course. Participants will receive recordings of new guided meditations to help you practice at home.
- The principle aspects of mediation practice that lead to greater levels of peace and well-being. These include mindfulness, concentration, and insight. We’ll explore each of these and learn practices for developing and strengthening them.
- Exploring what are the inner causes of stress, suffering and dissatisfaction, and learning practices to weaken them.
- Practices to cultivate a sense of kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others. Participants will receive recordings of guided meditations of these practices.
- The primary challenges we face in our meditation practice and additional tips on how to work with them.
- Balanced effort.
- The four foundations of Mindfulness.
- Insight practices. Ways of intentionally looking at our moment to moment experience in different ways that, in time, reduce stress, suffering and dissatisfaction and lead to greater peace and concentration.
- Concentration. We’ll explore what concentration is, how it can develop over time, skillful way of relating to concentration, and techniques for developing it.
Teacher of the Course – Darran Kilbride
Darran has trained in world recognized meditation centers in the United States and Asia and has trained as a mindfulness teacher with the University of Massachusetts, the center where modern mindfulness courses first began.
Over the past ten years Darran has trained extensively with buddhist monks and nuns, zen masters and lay teachers from all over the world, including close to two years on intensive meditation retreats. He also has a postgraduate qualification in Mindfulness from the Center for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University in the UK, one of the world’s leading centers for mindfulness.
Darran teaches Mindfulness at IE University and teaches on the Mindfulness teacher training program of Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. He’s one of the first people to teach Mindfulness in Madrid.
Dates and Times
- 6 Wednesdays from 19:30 to 21:30, starting Wednesday May 20th 2020
- Daylong session in a center in a beautiful green valley in the mountains outside Madrid, in Cercedilla – Sunday June 7th 11am to 6pm
- Days of evening classes in Madrid: May 20, 27, June 3, 10, 17, 24.
The evening classes in Madrid are at Sala Mindfulness, Calle Doctor Castelo 10.
Metros: Principe de Vergara, Ibiza and Goya.
The daylong session on Sunday June 9th is in a center in a beautiful green valley in Cercedilla (accesible by public transport).
The Center in the mountains where the daylong session takes place
- A class each week for 6 weeks.
- Extended mindfulness meditation practice session on a weekend in a center in nature in Cercedilla (accessible by public transport).
- Theory and practices about Mindfulness and about the Eastern traditions that Mindfulness comes from that weren’t covered in the initial 8-week course.
- New audio recordings of guided meditations.
- Certificate of completion of the course.
To be notified when registration opens for the next Deepening Mindfulness course, please join our newsletter and we’ll let you know when registration opens.